Are your premises using older lighting technologies, such as halogen or fluorescent bulbs?
If so, did you know that LED lighting and control systems can provide significant reductions to your overheads, as well as providing a better quality of light with flexible control options?
However, with so many products on the market and considerations on how best the lighting should operate in the space, selecting the right system and installer can be complex.
Help is at hand.
Premium Light Pro in association with the Lighting Industry Academy is running a series of workshops to encourage independent retailers and SMEs to save money, energy and carbon by upgrading lighting to efficient LEDs and control systems.
The workshops are part of the campaign to assist businesses with taking their first steps towards a brighter future.
The free workshops will provide you with resources produced under the Premium Light Pro project. You will receive a copy of Premium Light Pro's guidance brochure explaining technical lighting terms, help with product selection, quality checks and design, as well as a copy of procurement criteria that can be used in tenders.
The training sessions, led by a highly experienced trainer from the Lighting Industry Academy, will provide you with 2 hours of CPD training on the essential information you need to oversee the right lighting for your business. Some training sessions will include a demonstration tour, bringing to life the benefits of high quality, efficient LED lighting, and how controls can add to the savings.
Choose your date and book online at the link below:
- > Monday, 18 March | Durham
- > Tuesday, 19 March | Sunderland
- > Tuesday, 26 March | Birmingham
- > Wednesday, 27 March | London
Business Breakfast and Briefing
- Breakfast on arrival
- Overview of the Premium Light Pro project, run by Energy Saving Trust
- Receive the project’s guidelines and procurement criteria brochures, as well as funding information from campaign supporters
Session 1 – Introduction to LED Lighting and Control
- The cost and environmental benefits of upgrading lighting
- Lighting Design: The right light, in the right place, at the right time
- Understanding Technical Terms: Colour rendering, colour temperature, glare, lifetime and control systems
- Observe LED lighting products and controls in action
- See how lighting affects products and customer experience
Session 2 – Upgrading Considerations
- Product Quality: How to choose a lighting system
- Understanding technical jargon and specification sheets
- Evaluating Suppliers
Q&A and Networking